The London-based premier party band, From the Hip, has always made a big hit in the UK and is available for private hire. The 6 to 10 piece band’s varied and lively music from the fifties to the present day appeals to all ages: rock, blues, soul, rock ‘n roll…Beatles, Chuck Berry, Bowie, Blues Brothers, Stones, Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Abba, Killers, Kings of Leon to name a few.
The band plays close to the originals with energy and intensity, leaving memories of an exceptional night.
From the Hip is a 6-10 piece band based in the UK, perfect for private parties, weddings, charity and corporate functions. No matter what your venue, party type or crowd size we can adjust to suit your needs and our flexibility helps to keep your costs to a minimum.
6 - 10 piece Dance band
5/6 piece: drums, bass, guitar, male vocals, keyboards, sax
We offer up to a 10 piece dance band by adding female vocals, a trumpet, guitar or trombone. We will supply interval recorded dance music or DJ. Also provided is the PA system and stage lighting (unless it is provided by the venue) along with the use of the band PA and microphone or separate PA for speeches.
4 - 5 piece Jazz Band
4/5 piece: drums, bass, guitar, sax and/or keys
We offer From the Hip live Jazz during receptions as well as recorded music if desired. As an option we offer the use of the band PA and microphone or venue PA for speeches.
From packed London music venues, clubs and pubs, the band’s music quickly caught on at family parties, birthdays, weddings and hunt balls – followed by army balls in barracks, and corporate and charity events in London international hotels and venues.
From the Hip has been hired too for private events at racecourses, golf and sports clubs, and while the band has frequently attended Hurlingham, and more recently The Chelsea Arts Club, From the Hip has also played in more unusual venues - the Kew Water and Steam Museum, The Science Museum next to Apollo 11, in the Natural History Museum and in the RAF museum hangar ringed by WW2 aircraft.
Majestic Wine Warehouse brought in From the Hip to play at their New Year’s annual bash for six consecutive years, with guests packed on or around the dance floor in the Grosvenor House Hotel ballroom.
From the Hip list Freshfields, Morgan Grenville, Banque de Luxembourg, Animal Health Trust, MERLIN charity and Credit Suisse amongst their clients.
- SW1 Club Relief International)
- Half Moon Putney
- Granger Telecom
- The Roof Gardens
- Letheby & Christopher
- The Dorchester Hotel
- Royal Ascot
- Hurlingham Club
- Queen’s Club
- Army Officers Messes
- Ascot Racecourse
- The Ghurkas
- Windsor Racecourse
- The Green Jackets
- Fulham Town Hall
- The Royal Anglican Regiment
- Silvermere & Wentworth Golf Clubs
- Cranfield School of Management
- Six Hamilton Place
- The Queen’s Club
- Irish Club
- Animal Health Trust
- Belsay Castle
- Youth Clubs UK
- Manor House Golf Club
- Killik & Co Stockbrokers
- The Honorable Artillery Company
- Morgan Grenville
- The Hyde Park Hotel
- Edward Lewis Solicitors
- The Berkeley Hotel
- Raffles Nightclub
- Royal Victorian Patriotic Building
- Banque a Luxembourg
- Waldorf Hotel, Aldwych
- Oakington Barracks
- Ormonds Club Orbis Charity
- Woburn Abbey Anderson Consulting
- Theatre Museum Britain Australia Society
- Mayfair Intercontinental
- Invensys plc
- Royal Courts of Justice
- Chelsea Arts Club
- Grosvenor House Hotel
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum
- Majestic Wine Warehouse
- Theatre Museum Covent Garden
Sex on Fire
Higher and Higher
Can't take my eyes off of you
- BRIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD - Van Morrison
- BROWN EYED GIRL - Van Morrison
- LETS STICK TOGETHER - Brian Ferry
- GET IT ON - T Rex
- I LOVE TO BOOGIE - T Rex
- MUSTANG SALLY - Wilson Pickett
- CANT GET ENOUGH - Bad Company
- GOOD THING - Fine Young CannibalsI
- SAW HER STANDING THERE - Beatles
- TWIST & SHOUT - Beatles
- GREAT BALLS OF FIRE - Jerry Lee Lewis
- REAL WILD CHILD - Iggy Pop
- BROWN SUGAR - Stones
- JUMPING JACK FLASH - Stones
- HONKY TONK WOMAN - Stones
- JOHNNY B GOODE - Chuck Berry
- BE BOPA LULA - Johnny Vincent
- EVERYBODY NEEDS S’BODY - Blues Brothers
- UNCHAIN MY HEART - Joe Cocker
- MIDNIGHT HOUR - Wilson Pickett
- PROUD MARY - Tina Turner (version)
- REBEL YELL - Billy Idol
- SHOULD I STAY - Clash
- GIMME SOME LOVIN - Blues Brothers
- HIGHER & HIGHER - Jackie Wilson
- ITS NOT UNUSUAL - Tom Jones
- I FEEL GOOD - James Brown
- SWEET HOME CHICAGO - Blues Brothers
- WALKING ON SUNSHINE - Katrina & the Waves
- WHEN YOU’RE GONE - Bryan Adams & Mel C
- MR BRIGHTSIDE - Killers
- 500 MILES - Proclaimers
- LA BAMBA - Los Lobos
- ROCKIN ALL OVER THE WORLD - Status Quo
- IF YOU DONT KNOW ME BY NOW - Harold Melvin
- CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU - Andy Williams
- LETS STAY TOGETHER - Al Green
- HAPPY TOGETHER - The Turtles
- VENUS - Bananarama
- LIVIN LA VITA LOCA - Ricky Martin
- YOU’RE MY FIRST, MY LAST.. - Barry White
- DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY - The Mavericks
- SMOOTH - Santana
- LADY MARMALADE - Christina Aguilera
- SOMETHING STUPID - Robbie Williams
- LE FREAK - Chic
- 9 TO 5 - Dolly Parton
- TOO HARD TO HANDLE - Otis Redding
- VALERIE - Amy Winehouse
- THEN I KISSED HER - Beach Boys
- SURFIN USA - Beach Boys
- KNOCK ON WOOD - Amii Stewart
- SWEET HOME ALABAMA - Lynard Skynard
- SEX ON FIRE - Kings of Leon
- YOU'VE GOT THE LOVE - Florence & the Machine
- DON'T STOP - Fleetwood Mac
- YOU MAKE LOVIN FUN - Fleetwood Mac
- MERCY - Duffy
- I'M SO EXCITED - Pointer Sisters
- SUMMER OF 69 - Bryan Adams
- YOU NEVER CAN TELL - Chuck Berry
- SWEET CAROLINE - Neil Diamond
- HOW SWEET IT IS - James Taylor
- I WILL SURVIVE - Gloria Gaynor
- HEROES - David Bowie
- LATE IN THE EVENING - Paul Simon
- KING OF THE SWINGERS - Jungle Book
- SING IT BACK - Moloko
- DANCING QUEEN - Abba
- WATERLOO - Abba
- STAND BY ME - Ben E King
- ISLANDS IN THE STREAM - Dolly Parton
- ANGELS - Robbie Williams
- STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT - Frank Sinatra
- TRULY MADLY DEEPLY - Savage Garden
- BETTER TOGETHER - Jack Johnson
- WONDERFUL WORLD - Louis Armstrong
- HANDLE WITH CARE - The Traveling Wilburys
- ALL OF ME
- ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE
- AUTUMN LEAVES
- BESSIES BLUES
- BLUE BOSSA
- BLUE MONK
- BLUE TRAIN
- DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
- GIRK FROM IPANEMA
- HOW HIGH THE MOON
- LULLABY OF BIRDLAND
- THE MORE I SEE YOU
- SATIN DOLL
- SONG FOR MY FATHER
- SO WHAT
- TAKE THE A TRAIN
- ST THOMAS
- FLY TO THE MOON
- FEEL LIKE MAKIN' LOVE
- MERCY, MERCY, MERCY
- KILLING ME SOFTLY
- WEIRD BLUES
- DANCING IN AN EASY GROOVE
- KILLER JOE
- COMIN' HOME BABY
- D0, D0, DO
- WORK SONG
If you would like to learn more about us or enquire about a booking, please contact us using the details below or you can send us a message using the contact form and we will reply shortly.
From The Hip Band are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Who are we?
We are From The Hip Band
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, or when you contact us about our services.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, telephone and email address (if you submit a message using the contact form), IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
No personal information is stored on this website.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information From The Hip Band hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Use of 'cookies'
'Cookies' are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual.
What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
Functionality cookies: These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
Targeting or Advertising cookies: These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
What cookies does the From The Hip website use?
We use Functionality cookies
Your choices regarding cookies
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Review of these Policies
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in February 2020.